Friday, July 20, 2012

The Birth of Ryan Rose Ferrell

Friday July 20, 2012
@ 9:10 am
5 lb 4 oz
20 inches



THURSDAY JULY 19, 2012

•  5:30 pm: They started the cervidil . I had to lay on my back for 2 hours. They kept it in until 5:20 am on Friday.

•  8:55 pm: They gave me an Ambien, but it did not help put me to sleep. They also put me on oxygen.

•  9:00 pm: The contractions started  and eventually were a minute apart. I remember being in so much pain, but it was all so worth it. Most of my pain was in my lower back. 



FRIDAY JULY 20, 2012
•  2:30 am: They finally let me have an epidural. I just remember the pain going completely away. Praise the Lord!!!
•  3:45 am: Mom said that I finally went to sleep .
•  6:30 am: They started the drip.
•  7:00 am: The most amazing nurse (KRISTY) came; she was truly incredible!!!!
•  7:15 am: Dr. Chauhan came in and broke my water... I was 70% effaced and 4-5 cm. Starting hurting again but learned how to push the epidural button :)
•  8:30 am: I threw up a several times so they finally gave me something for nausea at 8:30. 
•  8:30 am: Kristy examined me and noticed Ryan's head was sticking out. She sent everyone out of the room and told me to close my legs. They called Dr. Chauhan who had recently went to Baptist to check on patients. We waited for Dr. Chauhan to get there. Luckily I only had to push for three sets of contractions. Daddy also did so good and videotaped the birth. He even cut the cord. 
•  9:10 am: Ryan Rose Ferrell arrived
•  Mommy and Daddy were able to spend 30 minutes with Ryan before she had to be put in the incubator. Mommy also was able to breast feed her for the first time. 


















































































Ryan had to be in the incubator all day in order to regulate her body temperature. After Ryan was born, we were transferred upstairs to another room. Mia, Paul, Paw Paw, YaYa, Whitney, Ashley, Bink, Biba, and Brooke were all there. Daddy went to Grisanti's Bola Pasta and picked us up dinner. Mommy hadn't had pasta in almost 9 months and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment