6 Weeks Pregnant
December 21, 2011
Dr. Ke
This was our first doctors appointment and ultrasound... So exciting!! The ultrasound was unreal. It's the first time you see this beautiful God made baby inside of you. You don't know what to do... cry, smile, scream... There are so many emotions running through your body, but all good ones of course. The ultrasound tech at Dr. Ke's office was wonderful. We were told that our baby was a little behind in growth, but it was nothing to worry about. Dr. Ke put our due date at August 10th. After this appointment, we called the baby our little BLUEBERRY since he/she was the size of a blueberry. At this appointment I was sick, had been sick since December 16th. Mostly just sinus drainage, aches, etc.
Telling the FAMILY:
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Ashley, Whitney & KIncaide
Wow it was so hard not telling anyone the incredible news. Even though Aunt Whitney was living with us, we wanted her and Ashley to find out together. Well Tuesday nights had been our craft night at Ashley's house, where we were making Christmas gifts for our friends. We had made ornaments the week before so I snuck an ornament and wrote on it "We're Pregnant Due August 9th" Ashley, Kincaide, and Whitney were in the kitchen... it was there where Bret and I told them we were pregnant.. well really we just showed them the ornament. They were so excited. Ashley told Kincaide that he was going to have a cousin and that there was a baby in Aunt Lindsey's belly. He got really excited!! Whitney was shocked that she hadn't known and that I had lied to her lol. She had known that I was late and had even asked me the Saturday before if I had started. I lied and said I had. It was so hard to keep in the secret. Also the Saturday before was Mom's birthday party. We had gone to Pickwick for dinner and then to Corinth for a play "The Christmas Carol". Mom sat next to me and said "We are really hoping for a grandchild next Christmas". I told her that we were really trying. I hated not telling her, but we wanted to tell our parents together. Plus it was her birthday and I wanted the day to be about her and not me.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Mom, Paul, Lori, Dad
Wednesday was Kincaides Christmas program at church. We all went over to Ashley's for dinner afterwards (Memaw's Vegetable Soup and Corn Bread) It was so good. Well I had hung the ornament that I made the night before on Ashley's tree and had asked Kincaide to get everyone to go into the den so he could make the announcement. Mom, Paul, Lori, Ash, Whit, Kincaide and Myself were all in the den when Kincaide said "Aunt Lindsey is going to have a baby!!" Lori screamed and everyone was super excited. Kincaide then showed them the ornament. We walked into the kitchen and I noticed mom was texting someone.. I remember saying WHAT ARE YOU DOING? lol!! I forgot to tell them that it was still a secret and to not tell anyone. Especially since Bret's family did not know yet. Mom said "good thing, I was about to put it on Facebook." What!!! No.. we are going to wait a while. We wanted to enjoy it first before we told the whole world on Facebook. Dad had to work so he didn't know the exciting news yet. We decided to meet him at this house. When we got there he was still at work. We wanted to ichat him, but he couldn't. So we end up just sending him a picture of me holding the ornament. He never responded so Whit and I decided to hed home. Almost home he called to say how excited he was.
![]() |
| One of the pictures I sent to dad |
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Ray, Barbara, Brooke
Next it was Bret's family. We had REALLY wanted to tell our families together but it just would never work out. So we decided to ask them to lunch at Boagies across the street from WSHS. I went during my lunch. We told them just like we told everyone else. We told them that we had made them something and so I gave them the ornament. They were THRILLED, saying PRAISE THE LORD!!!
Friday, December 16, 2011
Leslie, Mike, Deanna, Michelle, Amanda, Shawna
That Friday was the McClain-Hart Christmas party at Ashley's. We told everyone the great news that night!!

Saturday December 17, 2011
The Brooks Family
Saturday was the Brooks/Ferrell Christmas party. We told the Brooks family then... they were so excited.
Work
I told the interpreters at lunch that Friday. I hadn't planned on telling them, but the perfect opportunity presented itself. Hubert, Kathy, Ellen and I were sitting around the lunch table in the teachers lounge and somehow Hubert got to talking about babies. Talking to us women at the table and said "Y'all need some babies, it is about time for y'all to get pregnant." I paused and said "I am!!" There was another pause and Hubert screamed WHAT??? Kathy jumped up and screamed and gave me the biggest hug. They said at first they all thought I was kidding. They were so excited!! Angie then came in and so I told her the awesome news and then she screamed lol.




No comments:
Post a Comment